Raman Spectrometry basic components
Raman Spectrometers all have the same basic components:
1. A LASER source to excite the target (measured sample).
2. Filter collects the Raman scattered light (Stokes) and filters out the Raleigh and Anti Stokes light
3. A diffraction grating bends the Raman shifted light according to wavelength.
4. A detector. Normally CCD detector is used. for signal and passes the signal to
5. A Computer for decoding signal and making sense out of information. The main function in this block is obviously not the computer itself, but the software and drivers.